9.23.2009

Recovered and Renewed

So the Summit was great. Although we weren't able to get all the students that we wanted to go to be there, but we had an amazing weekend. Despite the fact that half of the people who attended falling ill to some stomach bug that got around at the retreat (I recovered on Tuesday), God allowed us (both staff and students) to grow as a ministry as the vision was cast for the year we prepared ourselves for this coming school year.

I met a lot of students for the first time. There were a few students who I was able to get into deep conversations and able to hear their stories. I recently just ate lunch with one of them. He's an international student from China. It was just great to get to talk to him about God, life, philosophy, each other, and his interest in American culture.

this next few weeks is going to be a very busy and crucial time as we try to reach out to students. This coming Friday there are events in which we have the opportunity to connect with students through the university's events that they have for students.

As promised from a few weeks ago, here's a picture of my apartment. I really haven't had the time to organize things yet, so it may look a little messy. But this is home for me for the next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment