10.04.2009

I'm sick... but I'm Excited!

In the past week things have been interesting. I still have trouble remembering people's names as it gets even harder as I continue to meet new people. I have a little cold right now (I like to blame the weather for it); besides getting tired faster than normally, I'm still able to get around and function normally. Thank God for that.

Last Friday we had a little potluck at my place for the Epic students. Initially I wasn't expecting many students to come (maybe 6-8 students), but in the end there was around 12 of us. It was good being able to get everyone together before we start our first meeting this Tuesday. We've been in discussion about how to edify the student body as well as formatting our meetings so that it would encourage people to come and bare witness to the body of Christ. As of right now, I think we may have an idea of what that may look like.

Last night I went to my very first football game. One of the volunteer staff who happens to be also a financial supporter of the ministry here, gave our staff free tickets to see the Ducks play against the Washington State Cougars. After the first quarter the game got very boring as the Ducks had already taken a huge lead. On top of that, I don't think being in the out there was good for my cold either.

Praises this week:
  1. God bringing excitement to students as they are beginning to see God's plan for the Epic ministry at UO. It has been encouraging for myself to see students starting to invite people to our meetings, taking up leadership roles, and willingness to go out there and reach the campus.
  2. My apartment looking presentable and clean (at least every place besides the restroom).

Prayer Request:
  1. That God continues to reach and transform the lives of students.
  2. That God will prepare us for our first meeting
  3. That we will continue reaching the students at the University of Oregon

No comments:

Post a Comment